Hello new readers (if indeed there are any!) and a happy new year! It appears my little blog didn’t quite get off to the regular start that I hoped it would, but I’ll blame the busyness of NYE celebrations, travelling and returning to work for that. However, now the Christmas decorations are down and the holidays seem like a distant memory I’ll hopefully be able to settle back into my daily routine and start posting here more often.
So, a new year, a new blog and a new start? Well, two out of three isn’t bad! I don’t really feel like I need a new start as such, over the past few months I’ve gradually developed a food/exercise routine that I’m happy with and my hope for 2011 is to just continue this. I want to...
- Continue to eat healthy and wholesome foods, mostly veg, fruit, grains, pulses, beans etc and some dairy but also including lean meat and fish as and when I chose. Basically, I want to maintain an exciting and varied diet...I love food and I love cooking!
- Continue to exercise 6 days a week – I enjoy exercise and actually become quite restless and moody when I don’t get my daily fix. On the flip-side of that I know how important it is to have a rest day and need to work on really enjoying my days off rather than feeling frustrated/guilty that I’m not working out.
- Continue to spend more quality time with the boy – This is an important one for me, I really want to work on time management so that I can fit more into my days, especially time with my boyfriend.
So those are already things I’m quite good at, but I’ve also got a wee list of new goals that I’d like to achieve this year:
1. Run 2 x half marathons (I ran one in 2010)
2. Run as many local 10K and 5K races as I can
3. Become stronger by emphasising the strength training aspect as part of my workout routine
4. Read books! I want to start using my local library and get back into reading again
5. Travel somewhere exciting – I love travelling but need to stop using money, time etc as an excuse and just book some trips (USA, here I come!)
I know the blogworld is awash with resolutions, goals and aims for the New Year, so there’s my 2 cents. Nothing too concrete or defined, just a list of stuff I’d quite like to do... simple!
Well, it’s finally Friday and I’m looking forward to a weekend of watching movies, pottering around the house, spinning class, shopping, cooking and hopefully fitting in a long outdoor run on Sunday... my idea of a perfect weekend! I think I might also experiment with taking photos of all my eats to see if I find it helpful and beneficial for keeping me ‘on track’. Results, if successful, will of course be posted here.
Have a good weekend :)