Tuesday 28 December 2010

An Introduction...

Hello and welcome to my little blogspace! I'm not really sure where to start with this, my first ever blog post, but I figured a little introduction might be helpful. I've been reading healthy living blogs online for many months now and have often thought about keeping one myself. I'm not a natural writer and I'm not particularly good with words, but I AM passionate about healthy living, food and fitness, and it's my interest in these topics which have led me to start this blog. I really enjoy reading other healthy living blogs, especially UK-based ones, and take so much inspiration from all you wonderful bloggers who post about your delicious eats and motivating exercise schedules. I suppose that's what I hope this blog will be eventually, although I guess we'll have to see if I'm any good at this blogging lark first :P

I'm pretty much your average 25yr old girl (I hope that doesn't make me sound boring!) I love shopping, baking and relaxing at home with my boyfriend and two gorgeous indoor bunny rabbits - I'm sure they'll feature on here sooner or later! I work full time in online marketing and really enjoy my job.

I would say my main passion in life is definitely healthy living, this is something which I've discovered over the past year and something which has impacted my life in a really positive way. If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVE my food! It's just the way I was brought up and is something that will never change (nor do I want it to, truthfully). I don't follow a special diet, I just try to eat lots of good, wholesome and natural food. If I'm organised enough I hope to be able to share this through my blog.

Exercise-wise, throughout my school and university years I didn't give a second thought to what I ate or how I moved my body and, as a result, I ended up carrying 2 or 3 stones worth of extra weight. I joined the gym whilst at university and made a few half-hearted attempts to 'get fit' but I don't think I ever had the true motivation to really make it count. I'm not exactly sure when I discovered running, sometime after leaving university I think, but it definitely sparked something in me. I've been running regularly for over a year now and to date have run 1 half marathon, 4 x 10Ks and several 5Ks. Through running, gymming and eating wholesome foods I have found myself lose the extra weight and feel great about myself, as cheesy at that sounds! Although I don't weigh myself regularly and I definitely do not count calories, a recent routine trip to the doctor found me with a healthy BMI of 22. Sure, I have lumps and bumps and extra padding that I'd like to lose, but really I'm all about maintaining my weight and happiness just as they are.

What I should say though, is that healthy living isn't something which comes naturally to me, it's something I've had to work at. I suppose this is my disclaimer, I'm not perfect and I do struggle. Probably quite a lot. I don't have any friends who share my passion for healthy eating/exercise and I'm sure my boyfriend is sick of hearing about it, so that's where you guys come in. I'd love to be able to share my experiences, good and bad, with other like-minded people. I can guarantee that this blog will have it's fair share of moaning, complaining and struggling... but I guess that's all part of life.

So that's me... a pretty average girl who, after discovering healthy living blogs, running, and how awesome daily exercise can make me feel, is now happily living at a healthy weight. I hope you'll stick around as I begin to document my experiences, thoughts and feelings.

- Bronagh x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful first post and looking forward to the others :)

    It's lovely to see another UK blogger out there and no worries about being 'perfect'. I think it's far easier to identify with and relate to people that are real in their posts and come across as human rather than some of the immaculately polished posts that come out of US blogs, which I still adore but in a slightly different way.

    Sadly PB2 isn't available in the UK ~ I got some as a birthday present ordered over from the US but it is extortionately expensive with shipping costs etc. I'm trying to make mine last!

    Thanks so much for your comment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your comment on my blog to find your little corner of the blog world! Welcome! I am relatively new to blogging, been at it a month now, so I haven't really got any words of wisdom.
    I also joined the gym at university, I went a couple of times while in first year, when all of my flatmates were members, and in second year I joined even though none of my friends did, and I swear I doubt I went even five times. In third year I didn't bother, and also stopped walking into Uni and got the bus instead, which alongside with the stresses of last year, resulted in me putting on about two stone- and I wasn't tiny in the first place!
    I like your attitude to food, and discovering that exercising every day makes you feel good, is the holy grail that I am after! I wouldn't worry about being perfect- nobody is, and nobody should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind welcome ladies :) I'm still very new to blogger and blogging in general so I hope you manage to bare with me!

    ReplyDelete